THE DESIGN WORLD AFTER PANDEMICS IS IN NEED OF NEW STRUCTURAL TALENTS TO RETRIEVE THE BUILDING OF THE 21ST CENTURY CITIES.
AT WHAT POINT ARE YOU WITH YOUR PORTFOLIO?
YOU WILL NEED A GLITTERING AND UNCOMMON PORTFOLIO IN ORDER TO OVERTAKE YOUR COMPETITORS AND FIND YOUR DREAM JOB WITHIN BiM STRUCTURAL DESIGN.
PRESENT A SKYSCRAPER STRUCTURAL PROJECT IN YOUR PORTFOLIO, DEVELOPED IN BIM TECHNOLOGY, THROUGH THE REVIT SOFTWARE.
WE CAN GRANT YOU THAT THE NUMBER OF YOUR COMPETITORS THEN, WILL SHRINK TO AN INCREDIBLE LITTLE NUMBER!
If we take US as an international economy parameter, notwithstanding the fact that the unemployment rate within engineer is in the US at 2.8% on May 2021, this is 33% higher compared to the same period of 2019: many job position has been lost, it’s evident.
Yet this tragedy is going to end soon and when the market will start again to request expertise the competition will be so high!
Where are all these 33% of engineers who lost their job?
It will inevitably be a wave of CV and portfolios delivered to the engineering firms and you will have to stand out.
How do you think to achieve that?
CV will not help you, there will be hundreds of them landing on the desk of your dream employer, therefore YOU NEED TO BE VISUAL!
And you reader… where are you in the process of building the ultimate design portfolio?
Do you have a design project skyscraper-related?
What are you looking for?
Kalisode Network will help with its unique method to build the ultimate design portfolio and enter the workforce after this course.
FOR WHOM THESE CLASSES ARE DESIGNED
This Revit 2020 webinar classes are designed for this kind of curious people:
• yet unemployed professionals, who want to restyle their portfolio with a web-based portfolio made of videos and amazing technical detail sections.
• BiM users who want to understand the BiM (present) and put a step into BiM visual programming API Dynamo (future).
• remarkable engineers who want to upgrade their work position, from basic BiM user to BiM ninja.
• curious AEC professionals who still believe in this: “Stay hungry, stay foolish!”
15 participants maximum
Online webinar on Google meet – live lesson with instructor – 90 minutes duration
The course aim is the mastering of advanced solid modelling techniques, parametric design via visual programming, and quantity take-offs with REVIT 2020. Structural engineering will have a dedicated focus in the building of the skyscraper, looking at foundations, concrete reinforcement, steel connections.
Visual programming will be handled via Revit’s dedicated tool for that: Dynamo. This integrated tool will not only help the engineers to short dramatically their working time, but it will help them to visualize and implement new solutions whit a few clicks, while manually it will represent hours of drafting.
At the end of the program, the student will have drafted their own skyscraper concrete / steel structure.
The course aim is that after completion, the student should have the following knowledges, skills and competencies.
The classes provide knowledge in:
-LoD (Level of Development) BIM Development level.
-LoG (Level of Geometry) Modeling development level.
-LoI (Level of Information) Information development level.
-BiM Categories, Families and Types elements.
-Basic and intermediate principles for visual programming.
-Steel structural connections
-Concrete reinforcement and rebar scheduling
-Quantity take-offs and scheduling.
-Basics of 3D/VR navigation in SIMLAB
-Advanced structural BiM modelling.
-BiM work-sharing and group collaboration.
After the classes, the student should have skills in:
-Create sketches and extrusions to model construction details.
-How to create complex structural elements in Dynamo (structural beam network).
-Create quantity take-offs.
-Interact with Autodesk Infraworks to insert your landscape model in a real world’s setting
-Create sections and facades.
-Insert BIM elements downloaded from Landscaping repositories websites.
-Manage visibility of BiM information.
-Managing collaboration of wide teams
After completing the course, the student must have the competence to plan and model complex building structures, taking advantage of Dynamo visual programming scripts in order to reduce your drawing time, inserting structural detailing in a BiM project, generate construction drawings of these and be able to quantify the amount in a project.
The knowledge that the course and skills that the course provides will give the student a number of new competencies. These will be consolidated by the student through approximately 500 hours of additional individual training. After this amount of time, our student will be able to grant an outstanding performance as BIM specialist to engineering firms, design consultants, general contractors etc.
On the classes instructor:
Michele Bruno is a BIM manager, certified by Autodesk.
He has a relevant and ongoing practice in the construction of infrastructures and lighting design.
In Sweden, Michele taught BIM at the Polytechnic for specialists in concrete and KL wood.
Michele is currently the BiM Manager for the AGN Haga Group, AGN is the company that is building the Haga train station in Gothenburg within the challenging and nationally strategic Västlänken railway project.
INTRODUCTION TO SKYSCRAPER CONCEPT REVIT _ DAY 1: BASICS OF VISUAL PROGRAMMING
PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: familiarize with the concepts https://primer.Dynamobim.org/
– Watch the dedicated YouTube video about visual programming of the Dynamo use
– Online resources from Diroots to go through (YouTube)
• Introduction to visual programming and its benefits in BIM
• Basic features for visual programming
• Useful Dynamo packages for structural design and modelling
• Navigate our building in VR or at least in cloud interactive 3D thanks to our software.
Insert this VR/3D link in the portfolio directed to your future employer… and impress him/her!
– Homework: test your new skills in Visual Programming. Recreate one selected script from one image step by step– deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
FIRST ONLINE GUIDED EXERCISE _ DAY 2: STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS REFERENCE CURVES 1
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about creating structural column reference curves in Dynamo
• Training on the course: Creating structural column reference curves in Dynamo
• Optimizing Dynamo script to correctly create Revit elements
– Homework: test your new skills in Visual Programming. Recreate one selected Dynamo script to create structural reference curves for columns – deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
SECOND ONLINE GUIDED EXERCISE _ DAY 3: STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS REFERENCE CURVES 2
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about creating structural beam reference curves in Dynamo
• Training on the course: Creating structural beam reference curves in Dynamo
• Create structural beams over structural columns from Dynamo
– Homework: test your new skills in Visual Programming. Recreate one selected Dynamo script to create structural reference curves for beams – deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
THIRD ONLINE GUIDED EXERCISE _ DAY 4: CONVERT Dynamo REFERENCE CURVES TO REVIT STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about creating Revit structural beam and column elements from Dynamo
• Optimizing Dynamo scripts to correctly create Revit elements
• Training on the course: Creating Structural Framing (beams) from Dynamo reference curves
• Creating Structural Columns from Dynamo reference curves
– Homework: test your new skills in Visual Programming. Recreate one selected Dynamo script to create structural Revit columns and beams from Dynamo – deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
– Homework: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about creating structural floor reference curves and Revit floor elements from Dynamo, create then your own Structural floors reference curves in Dynamo – deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
FOURTH ONLINE GUIDED EXERCISE _ DAY 5: STRUCTURAL STEEL CONNECTIONS
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about creating Revit structural steel connections between beams and columns
• Learning the Revit tab for structural connections: bolting, welding and automated connection libraries
• Training on the course: Creating vertical and horizontal Structural Steel connections in the skyscraper
– Homework: test your new skills populating a whole floor of structural connection – deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
FIFTH ONLINE GUIDED EXERCISE _ DAY 6: AUTOMATING REBAR 1
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about automating rebar placement for Revit structural elements
• Training on the course: Create a script that automates rebars for structural columns
• Create a script that automates rebars for structural beams
– Homework: test your new skills in Visual Programming. Recreate one selected Dynamo script to automate rebars for beams and columns in your Revit model – deliver the exercise file for course leader commenting
SIXTH ONLINE GUIDED EXERCISE _ DAY 7: VR CREATION – ONE SCENE ON THE CLOUD
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about SIMLAB software VR scene creation basics.
• Training on the course: Create one daylight scene to represent the skyscraper built structures
• export from Revit to SIMLAB
• presets in SIMLAB (setting the camera, setting the environment, setting the materials)
• rendering in SIMLAB
• export SIMLAB cloud visualizer
– Homework: test your new skills on VR creating more cameras and then more views of your structure model. During the week we will review your advancements in the VR study.
FIRST HELPDESK _ DAY 8: VIDEO PRODUCTION AND COURSE END
– PREPARATION TO THE COURSE: Watch the dedicated YouTube video about using a video editing tool.
• Video editing basis
• Insert dynamic text in your video
• Usage of Kalisode template
• Create a video portfolio based on your skyscraper
• Guidance on your portfolio presentation.
• Bring online your portfolio.
• Helpdesk for general/detailed questions on the course (written form).
• Course Summary
• Questions and answers
• Challenges for your BiM future
• End of course – bibliography – advice
There are no reviews yet.